Friday, June 27, 2008

BOYCOTT THE B-WORD

It's the tenth, everybody said. Study. And there was never a dull moment (see as : Life was full of dull moments). There were books and papers and pens and pencils and geometry boxes lying everywhere. Different shapes and colors. But all used for one sole purpose – The B-word.
There’s this fear of not studying, studying less, studying less compared to Prerna (Yeah, Prerhu, don’t roll your eyes on this one). When the going gets tough, Prerna gets going and Aanchal doesn’t feel good (a more popular word would be ‘Mood Off’)!
But after living through all this, I’d like to raise some serious issues that are causing severe damage to the environment because of the B-word.
(Listen to this one, Aanchal, because even the ‘bus ka sweeper’ cannot do anything)

1. WASTAGE OF PAPER
Leading to deforestation. And there aren’t leaders of the Chipko Movement now, because I guess, Ganguly chopped them off with the trees while he was sitting on a fallen tree sipping his garma garam chai.

2. LOSS OF VALUABLE HUMAN RESOURCE
Fine! Fine! Semi valuable resource.
Well, lets just settle for human resource, huh?
That’s because our brains become so full and buzz with all the things that we have crammed up because ‘the CBSE only sees how well you have remembered the bookish language’.

3. EXCESSIVE USE OF PLASTIC PENS
Write your way to glory (read: sleep)

4. LOSS OF MEANINGFUL FAMILY LIFE
Books! Books! Books! Books! That’s all that you have to be with.

5. INCREASING VALUE OF PHONE BILLS
“Hello, Prerna? Page 85, second column, third line.”
“Aanchal? Civics book. Page 13. First column, ninth last line.”

6. LOSS OF TALENT
I had seriously forgotten how to rhyme stuff. Does ‘do’ rhyme with ‘go’?

7. DISCOVERY OF UNHEARD FOUL LANGUAGE
Used on teachers, books and CBSE

8. FORGETFULNESS
“O! Crap! What the fuck was my name???

9. DEPRESSION
I only used this because the newspapers popularized it
To tell you the truth, we never even thought of that

10. REPEATED ACTIVITY
Because I was so sure I’d be stuck in tenth all my life

11. LOSS OF BUSINESS TO MALL OWNERS, CINEMA COMPLEX OWNERS AND OTHER POOR FELLOWS
I mean, what about India’s economy? We are the saviors, you know. You shut half the population up, what do you get? A poor country!

12. LACK OF FODDER CROPS FOR ANIMALS
Green vegetables are good for health, you see. So dump them on us!
So, now that you see the B-word for what it really is and the amount of damage it has done only in the selfish pursuit of a literacy certificate, I presume you will never see the B-word as you once saw it. Eh?

Also, when I told Prerhu what my next post would be about, she just said,
"O! Kika! Get over it"
But I wont. However, I do admit that I will be a bitch like all my seniors and tell all the present tenthees that tenth is a cakewalk...(Compared to eleventh, it is)

12 comments:

Tushar Mangl said...

OMG!!!
I have read several write ups in the blogosphere,on the similar topic,
must say this is the one i enjoyed the most.
Awesome work done
Congratulations :-)

Anonymous said...

Rofl.
Seriously!
But so true nonetheless! I mean, for the first time, I will agree to my mood off thing.
Plus, all the other facts you pointed out, so true.
But, but, let's not deny the fact that we still sorta miss all that?
Right?

Abhilasha said...

Seniors are bitches?? :S

And when we say tenth is a cakewalk, it IS. Esp when ur in science dear - u must know...

Boards left you so frustrated...tsk.

kika said...

@ Tsshar : Thanks! :D It's actualy all sort of true, you know...If you go into the depths and all

@ Aanchal : You should be sooo convinced and active in all this from now on...And yeah! I kinda miss it...at school, all the special attention, crying together...

@ Abhilasha : I know! But it still seemed so mean when we were giving our boards and everyone who had gone thorugh them just said 'blah! Boards? A cakewalk..."
But I guess science makes it look easy considering we have Beena and Usha Sharma...
But still, when you're sitting there, it sucks...

¶ЯёŖηΛ said...

Kahaan se laati ho tum itna dimaag,huh?:P

And when I said get over it,I meant it.I mean B-word ki against morcha hum next year nikaal lenge.Abhi Science ki baari hai.Aaya samjh mein?

And yeah ofcourse the post was ric-tickling-ly funny.:D
Why dont i get such ideas?:(

kika said...

Aww! Prerhu....
It's okay...
You don't get such ideas because you are tooooo busy studying, so you see...It's balanced

Tushar Mangl said...

@Kritika
Ofcourse i know its just soo righttt
I have Suffered the B-word syndrome twice
Feels so nice its alll overrrr !!!
:-)

kika said...

yeah! You're lucky...I still have 2years to go...But I'll miss all this once its over...

¶ЯёŖηΛ said...

I haven't been studying,you ass.
And looks like someone's a bit too interested in you.Hmph.:D

Miriam said...

The B-word huh?!!
Prerna is right, you really do need to get over it!!
It is time to crib over new things like the 11 and the joy and happiness that the science section seems to be offering us... None.!

But I guess cribbing does have it's usefulness!!!
lol!

Anyway, the post was nicely written and funny at just the right places!! XD XD

Had fun reading it, as I do when I read your other stuff!!! :)

kika said...

That someone can;t be because, well, umm...lets see.....
That person hasnt seen me....duh!

kika said...

And thanks Miriam. But I don't think I'll get over the boadrs.....I guess I will but still, its the Boards...