Thursday, October 23, 2008

3 FRIENDS

This is something really old. As a reply to something written by someone. The only reason this is here because nothing else could be and according to some people my "blog is dead". Anki isn't in here because this was in the ninth. Now that she is, she keps P occupied. :P

Sometimes it does settle in the sub conscious mind that 3 best friends is rather impossible.
So we start looking for faults, for potholes in the friendship that we can get hold off.
You start cutting yourself from the two of them. Avoid their calls. Avoid them at places you know they would be. Call up other people. Try to get close to them.
But you're feeling something inside. Is it guilt? Or loneliness? You don't know. But something doesn't seem right. Probably because you're so used to two similar faces, that its simply weird not to know them anymore. You can still break off.
Frightening, probably possible.?
So you start the ignorance treatment.
They say 'hi', you smile and turn away.
They ask you 'what's wrong', you say 'nothing' and walk away.
Keep walking till they're far off. When you're at a safe distance from them, break down and cry. Cry for yourself and what you turned your life into. Curse the people who got it in your mind. And then run back. Run back to them because they're your friends. They're your friends. They'll understand. They love you for what you are, whoever you are, and what you will turn into.
And the next time, when they ask you,
"3 best friends?"
Simply smile and walk away.
Those are the people you should walk away from.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! And so is friendship! <3
-Sahiba Grover

Abhilasha said...

It's real weird.
I mean, not what you wrote.
But, somehow, u, and aanchal and dish ALWAYS write what I'm almost currently feeling...
It touches me.


Oh man.
What's this? Magic?

Abhi said...

@kika : good to see ur blog being active again.. I'll try to revive mine too soon.. mayeb another story :)

abt the blog : scary! and can't really comment much because never had the luxury to have too many best friends.

Anonymous said...

1. I've read this before.
2. You could have put something
more happier instead of
reminding me of a time I'd
rather not think about.
It's embarrasing.
Sigh.

kika said...

@ Sahiba : I know! I love friendship! Its better then love, I think...

@ lasha : Well, we spy on your life and then we just write...
LOL
No, I'm just kidding, but I'm happy you relate to it.

@ abhi : Thanks for the active part. I'd been getting too many comments on that and I figured, What the heck!
And having 2 best friends isn't scary. It's the best feeling in the world...

@ A : Of course you've read it. It was a reply to the thing you wrote...Remember, this is the History notebook thing...
And its not embarassing. Maybe its not even about you, you know....

:P

(Man! I hope this was like our mobiles. :D)

Anki said...

come wat may.....u guys have alwz been da mst rocking 3 best friends ;)
nd will alwz remain so....all because u knoe each other bettr than urselves :)

Anonymous said...

K: Yeah, It's embarrasing, ok? And I remember your ever lost history nb. God.
And yes Ankita, stop being all goody good. This is an OLD post.
It's no more THREE friends, now.
It's FOUR.
Get it?
FOUR-SCENE?

Anonymous said...

I don't know. I've been in this situation, actually, I still pretty much am. And I've always had a feeling that the other two are the best friends and I'm just someone who tags along because they've spent much more time together and know much more about each other. But when the 3 of us sit together, it doesn't show. I don't know.

Anonymous said...

Umm, I get it.
I mean, used to, at least.

¶ЯёŖηΛ said...

I haven't read it.And I dont even get it. :|
But I like the way it is written.NOT what is written.
And SU Anki.

Radhika Saxena said...

Hmm.. this was weird.
I've never read anything like this on your blog before.. but I like it,touching..and somehow,I can really relate to it..

Disha said...

I think we all can relate to it.
And Kritika, you should write emotional stuff, you're really good at it. Better than me, atleast :)
Oh and I know a person who has like five best friends. And it's awesome, he said. Cool, na? I think the whole idea of best friendship is kinda like love.. it's like a big mystery.. How do you know you're a part of the best friends or how do you know that you are in love?
There should be a scientific experiment that specifies it all. I'm hoping you'll lay it down for me one day. I am so very tired of trying to figure it all out.

[I am sorry if my comment doesn't make sense. It's 11 pm right now and I haven't slept since.. I dunno morning? and I should go sleep now. Because my mind is *crashthumpsplatter* So. Cya]

kika said...

@ Anki : 2 words -- SHUT UP

@ Ishmeet : You probably just think a lot...I know for a fact, A does...

@ P : You wont get it if you dont get the history...Its probably becauseyou know kind of what I want to say but not quite...

@ Radhey : Thanks! :D

@ Dish : Yeah! I guess you're kinda right...Only freindship's better than love...Anyday...
And its okay! You've got the biggest comment... After me, that is...